What will the office volunteer ask me?
1. Name, address and contact telephone no
2. Where do you want to go?
3. Date and time of the appointment.
4. Can you get in and out of a car without any problem?
5. Do you use a wheelchair? (if NO go to 6 )
Will you use your own, and will it fit in a car boot?
Will you want one at the Hospital?
6. If your appointment is at a hospital, can you give some idea of how long you expect to be there so that the driver will be prepared.
If is a routine outpatient appointment or a minor procedure then this information will be passed on to the driver. Usually your letter from the hospital will give you an estimate of how long it will take.
It is advisable for you take someone with you if you are having a procedure as the driver may not accompany you.
Please don’t delay in arranging your “drive” as there are times when we do run short of available drivers.